Sunday, November 26, 2006

The California Salmon season was slow in 2006





Now that I haven't been able to archery hunt as much, I have tried my luck at Salmon fishing on the Sacramento River. I have a 19' Jetcraft boat. I caught four salmon total so far in 2006. The fish that were caught were all very bright quality fish ranging 14, 22, 26 and 30 lbs. As long as I had help from friends like Mike Radcliffe, Dan Ripple, Dick Stockman, Bob Sparre and Felton Hickman, I was able to get the boat in and out of the river with my recovering arm. I have great hopes for a better 2007 salmon season. The spring Striped Bass season was red hot as soon as the water dropped from the huge rains we had in January and during spring time. There are few things that can excite you like a big "Fish On."

No comments: